Dry skin can be moisturized and hydrated by using certain products on the market, however, a face mask works wonders to keep your skin feeling soft, supple and fresh. Many products tend to have harmful chemical ingredients and can be quite expensive, so here are a few masks that can be made at home with organic, non-harmful products from your kitchen and that won’t make a hole in your pocket.
1. Egg And Honey Facial Mask – Mix an egg white with 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of sunflower oil in a small bowl and mix well until the mixture thickens slightly. Let the mixture sit for five minutes and then spread evenly onto your face. Leave the mask on your face for at least 15 minutes and gently rinse off with warm water.
2. Banana, Yogurt, And Honey – Blend two fully ripe bananas with 1/2 cup of yogurt and 1 tablespoon of honey together to create a thick consistent paste. Once mixed, smear the paste onto your face and let it rest for about 20 minutes or until the mixture dries out on the skin. Once the mask is dry, gently rinse it off your face with warm water and dab dry.
3. Natural Cucumber Face Mask – This mask is great for managing dry skin. Place a peeled cucumber and two teaspoons of aloe vera in a blender. Blend the two ingredients together until they form a thick uniform mixture. Smooth the paste over your face and leave it on for at least 30 minutes. Rinse off with cold water.
4. Avocado And Honey Face Mask – This mask is an excellent remedy for mature, wrinkled and dry skin and only uses two ingredients – avocado and honey! Both avocado and honey are natural moisturizers, avocado being full of natural oils and honey being one of nature’s best remedies. Take half a fresh, ripe avocado and stir it into a creamy pulp in a bowl. Add 1/4 cup of honey to the mix to create a smooth paste and apply to the skin. Leave the mask on for at least 10 minutes and then remove gently with a cool, damp facecloth.
Beauty Tip: Apply this facial mask after using a brown sugar facial scrub, which will exfoliate your skins and remove dead skin cells.
5. Milk Facial Mask – Raw milk is a renowned moisturizer that hydrates dry skin and this face mask has been used for centuries. This recipe opens up the skin pores and makes dry skin soft and smooth. Simple and easy to make and apply, mix 1 teaspoon powdered milk, 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel, 1 tablespoon of honey, and 2 drops of organic essential oil in a large bowl. These ingredients make enough mixture for two people, so half the amounts if you only want enough for one person. Mix the natural ingredients together and apply to your face. Leave the mask on your face for about 15 minutes and then rinse it off gently with warm water.
6. Oat Bran, Honey, Yogurt, and Olive Oil Face Mask – Mix 1 tablespoon of oats or oat bran, 1 tablespoon of yogurt, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of honey thoroughly in a small bowl. Smear it onto your face, leaving it there for about 10 minutes or until it dries out. Gently rinse off the mask and apply a small of amount of moisturizer if you feel you need extra hydration.
7. Carrot, Avocado, Honey And Egg Face Mask – Packed with antioxidants and moisturizing agents that help to hydrate the skin, this natural dry skin face mask also neutralizes free radicals that contribute towards aging. The ingredients of the mask – namely, avocado, carrots, honey, and egg yolk are all fantastic moisturizing agents that prevent dryness and contain anti-inflammatory properties to help revitalize and tone up your skin.
Ingredients: 1/2 avocado, 1 carrot, peeled and de-stemmed, 1 egg yolk, 1 tablespoon honey, 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive or coconut oil.
Steam the carrot until it is soft and can be pierced easily. Blend the softened carrot with the avocado, honey, and egg yolk until the mixture is a uniformly consistent pulp. Spread the mixture evenly over your freshly washed face and leave it on for at least 15 minutes. Remove the mask with a warm washcloth and apply a small amount of moisturizer to your face while it is still wet.