Guilty of your sweet tooth?Here’s something that you can make in your kitchen and won’t let you worry about the calories – how to make a chocolate facial mask.We love chocolate as candies, or dessert, but I bet you would never have thought you can use it as a facial mask until you’ve searched about it.
Chocolate is mainly made from cocoa beans which are rich in antioxidants. Although it won’t match up to the power of an SPF cream, it can provide a layer of defense against skin damage from pollutants and free radicals. What does that mean for your skin? Use it as part of your weekly home facial regimen and it can help diminish fine lines and other signs of premature skin aging.
Apart from that, chocolate can cheer you up! You probably know about this already, but sorry, we’re not talking about eating a bar of chocolate or the one that were’ going to use in this facial mask. The scent of chocolate is a good mood booster because it contains caffeine. It also has phenylethylamine, which is a compound that is responsible in stimulating production of other pleasure-producing compounds. This is why chocolate can be addicting, and even just a whiff of baked chocolate can calm you down or wake up your senses! What are you waiting for? Whip up some really good chocolate mask and use it to keep your skin toned and hydrated. Here are the ingredients and steps on how to make it at home.
DIY Luxurious Chocolate Facial Mask
No baking needed to create your DIY chocolate face mask. The following list below contains the main ingredients, along with what you can substitute in case you can’t find the first ones. We recommend choosing unprocessed or organic ingredients.
- Clean, dry bowl for mixing
- Spoon or spatula
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder dark chocolate chips– Choose unsweetened dark cocoa instead of the other types (may have been mixed with other ingredients). You can find this in baking stores as it is the key ingredient to many chocolate products.
- ¼ cup Yogurt– This contains alpha hydroxy acid that can cleanse off dead skin cells. It can also decrease the appearance of fine lines and give you healthy natural glow. If you don’t have yogurt, you can use either 3 table spoons of heavy cream or sour cream (should be about ¼ cup too). For those who like to use organic ingredients or fruits, use 2 tablespoons of avocado.Mash it to be able to mix it with the rest of the ingredients.
- ¼ cup Honey – This is a great moisturizer, anti-bacterial agent and can help cleanse your pores.
- 3 tablespoons of Oatmeal – Effective as a moisturizer and anti-inflammatory agent, which means this is great ingredient for acne-prone skin. You can skip this ingredient if you want to make chocolate fudge facial mask.
Steps to make Chocolate face mask:-
Step 1: If you can not find cocoa powder but have dark chocolate chips, you have to melt the chocolate first. You can either do it by microwave or stove. Put chocolate chips or shards in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds or up to 1 minute. It doesn’t have to melt into liquid form. Once it’s soft and you can stir it smoothly, that should be good already. If you’re going to use the stove, put the chocolate chips on a boiler for about 3 minutes.
If you have dark cocoa powder, skip this step and proceed to number 2.
Step 2: In a clean dry bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix with a spoon until it becomes liquid paste.
Step 3: If you need to make more to be used in the future or for a group facial mask party with friends, all you need to do is match all the ingredients such that they have equal amounts. Mix again in a clean bowl.
Step 4: If you have excess chocolate mask, seal it in a clean and tight container and refrigerate. To use it, reheat first using your microwave for couple seconds, or place it in a small pan with low heat under for about 3 minutes using a stove. Let it cool at room temperature first before applying on skin.
It’s easy to use this chocolate mask. Apply on face like how other facial masks are applied (except on eye area). You can either use a clean brush, or your fingers to spread it evenly on your face. Let it stay and soak on your skin for 15 minutes. After that, rinse it off with lukewarm water. Tap with clean towel to dry your skin. After this, your skin should feel soft and smooth!
We won’t deny that this facial mask is luxurious and luscious! Easy to make, all-natural, and with all the benefits, you can say it’s divine and decadent.